Thanksgiving Maple Rosemary Whipped Yams
Thanksgiving Maple Rosemary Whipped Yams Topped with Cinnamon Candied Pecans
Prep time: 45 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour 35 mins
- 1 batch of Cinnamon Candied Pecans
- 4 large yams, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup heavy cream or coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup + more for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary + extra for garnishing
- ½-1 teaspoon fine sea salt (depending how salty you prefer)
- Make candied pecans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place peeled and cubed yams in a large pot, fill with water, then place over medium heat. Bring to boil and let boil for about 20-25 minutes, until yams are fork tender. Drain.
- Place yams in blender (I used a blendtec) and blend until smooth, using a spatula to mix yams and scrape down sides of blender as needed to help them puree into a smooth mixture.
- Then add heavy cream, maple syrup, rosemary and salt. Blend again until combine. Taste to see if you would like to add any more salt.
- Grease a 2 quart baking dish then pour pureed yams into baking dish and smooth out with spatula. On top of the casserole, place candied yams in whatever shape or formation you prefer.
- Place dish into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until pecans become fragrant but no do not burn.
- Garnish with extra maple syrup and fresh rosemary.