Slow Cooker Pumpkin Turkey Chili
It’s soup season again!! As the weather gets colder nothing tastes better than hot chili or hot soup. slow cookers are wonderful and very easy. Just throw in the ingredients and turn it on. you can leave the house for errands, go to work etc and by the time you get home the food is ready! Ive made this chili before and left out the brown sugar and it tastes just as good.
Prep: 15 m
Cook: 3 h 10 m
Ready In: 3 h 25 m
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cubed fresh pumpkin
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can seasoned black beans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat; brown turkey, stirring often, until crumbly and no longer, pink, about 10 minutes. Drain and discard any fat.
- Transfer turkey to a slow cooker and stir in diced tomatoes, pumpkin, chili beans, black beans, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and chili powder. Set cooker to Low, cover, and cook until pumpkin is tender and has started to break apart, at least 3 hours.