Shredded Pork over Caramelized Mashed Plantains
Check out this Crockpot Recipe from PaleOMG.com, don’t forget to look at all her other great recipes!
10 hours 10 mins
For the crockpot pork
- 1-2lb pork loin
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups beef broth (no sugar added) – add 3 cups if you go with a 2lb pork loin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the plantain mash
- 4 brown plantains, peeled, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3-4 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- This recipe is so easy, you may cry from excitement.
- Add all your pork ingredients to a crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. I’m pretty sure mine cooked for 12 hours because I forgot about it. Oops. It was bomb still.
- Once your pork is done cooking, use two forks and shed it to pieces.
- Now place a large skillet under medium heat, add your coconut oil and once your pan is nice and hot, add your sliced plantains into the oil.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt.
- Cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add your plantains to your food processor and puree. While the food processor is still running, pour in your coconut milk until you get a smooth plantain puree.
- Add a dollop of plantain mash to your plate, top with pork, and add a little avocado just for sh*ts a giggles.