Crispy Chicken Thighs with Pineapple Honey Mustard Sauce
Retrieved From: http://paleomg.com/crispy-chicken-thighs-with-pineapple-honey-mustard-sauce/
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 33 min
Total Time: 43 min
- 2 pounds skin-on chicken thighs, deboned (about 6 chicken thighs)
- fine sea salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- paprika, to taste
For the mustard sauce
- 2 tablespoons ghee, butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2-3 heaping tablespoons raw honey (depending how sweet you want it)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once pan is very hot, place deboned chicken thighs skin side down on the skillet. Feel free to crowd the pan because they will shrink up a good amount. Sprinkle each chicken thigh with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Once the skin has browned and become crispy, about 7-8 minutes, flip and cook for 5 more minutes. Then place in the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes, until no pink remains.
- While chicken is in the oven, place a medium sauté pan over medium heat and add ghee and pineapple chunks and cook until pineapple has caramelized on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Place pineapple, mustards, and honey to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Top each chicken thigh with pineapple honey mustard. Boom. Done.