This salmon would be great with a quick side of roasted asparagus or green beans, and maybe a scoop of mashed potatoes if you’d like some starch with that. Try some lemonade, too, if you really want to get fancy: the tartness is a nice contrast with the rich salmon. However you serve it, it’s a great option for anything from a special dinner to just treating yourself.
Bacon-Wrapped Salmon Recipe
SERVES: 4 PREP: 10 min. COOK: 15 min.
- 4 wild salmon fillets, about 5 oz. each (that’s just under 2 lbs of salmon in total);
- 2 sprigs tarragon, cut in half;
- Zest of 1 lemon;
- 8 slices of bacon;
- Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Season the salmon to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Top each fillet with a sprig of tarragon and some lemon zest.
- Wrap each fillet with 2 slices of bacon.
- Heat some cooking fat in a large ovenproof skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Fry the salmon on each side until golden brown (about 2 minutes per side).
- Brush each fillet with the maple syrup or honey, if using, and transfer to the oven.
- Place the salmon in the oven until cooked through (about 8 to 10 minutes).